Who we are An ecosystem for sustainable chemistry
We are Chemport. Chemport Europe is the name of the innovative ecosystem for chemicals and materials in the Northern Netherlands. Companies, government and knowledge institutes work together towards a shared ambition: changing the nature of chemistry.
It is our ambition to be the first chemical cluster in the Netherlands (and perhaps in Europe!) with zero CO2 emissions and minimum environmental impact. The entire Chemport Europe industry cluster will only use renewable energy and feedstock by 2050.
The right elements for attractive business cases
Chemport Europe is an excellent location for an integrated approach to bio-refinery, green chemistry and green energy. It is the ideal environment for your full-scale plant, test plant or research facility, as in our region we have:
- Guaranteed supply of green raw materials (feedstock), such as sugar beet and potatoes, grass, grains, salt and water
- Extremely reliable energy supply: local, green and sustainable
- Two sustainable chemical clusters around intermediate chemicals, innovative polymers and fibres
- Knowledge institutes of world renown, such as the University of Groningen, Hanze Universities of Applied Sciences, and NHL Stenden
- A sea harbour and excellent connections by rail, road and air for purchase and sales
- Availability of capital: investments, credits and subsidies
- Smooth permitting process
- Effective cooperation between companies, government and universities (Triple Helix)